A few weeks ago, Faridabad got enlisted in the ambitious Smart City project. More efforts will be now undertaken to improve the infrastructure of the city. Apart from known as the leading industrial hub of the state, the focus has now shifted to improve the service industries in the city. People who are largely migrating towards Gurgaon for better living options can now have a much better and affordable alternative for living in Faridabad.
Earlier, the Municipal Corporation had submitted Rs 2,600 Crore plan to the Union Ministry which includes area base development of a massive 1,267 acres. The plan comprises developing Sector 19, 20, 20A, 21A and 21D flanking Badhkal Lake. Three Metro stations, a metro depot, a railway station, two urban villages, namely (Fatehpur Chandela and Ajronda) and two regularized urban slums (Sant Nagar and Friends Colony) will be developed according to the plan. Badhkal Lake shall be rejuvenated by filling treated water. The 50 Crore project is estimated to be completed in 300 days.
A water front and forest city is also planned to be developed around the lake. The authority will take measure to curb the pollution levels and fill the area with recreational activities including cycle tracks and foot paths from NH-2. A railway station is also included in the project. The areas along NH-2 are planned for developing mixed use, high density avenues, plazas and public open spaces. Several green initiatives includes rain water harvesting, revamping sewage, sanitations, solar rooftops and LED street lightings will also be developed.
Major infrastructure developments in Faridabad
A plethora of high-end developments is well placed to rain over Faridabad, ensuring that the city will attain more livable friendly index.
- The master plan of Greater Faridabad 2031 has provisioned 35 new residential sectors to be developed, including industrial and institutional developments.
- The widening NH-2 to six lanes will develop excellent connectivity for Faridabad.
- Haryana Government is planning to expand the current metro corridor, merging more areas of Faridabad and even stretching the line to Gurgaon and Neharpur.
- 28 kilometers of the upcoming FNG Expressway will be running through Faridabad, easily connecting the residents to Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad.
- The foundation stone for the 76.3 acre Amrita Institute of Medical Science & Research Centre has been done in the prime location of Sector 88, Faridabad.
- IMT (Industrial Model Town) Faridabad, a flagship industrial township located in Delhi –Agra Highway will encourage new industries to footstep in Faridabad.